Register of the Cathedral of St Fin Barre, Cork, 1753–1804
Edited by Alicia St Leger
Between 1906 and 1915 the Parish Register Society of Dublin published twelve volumes of Church of Ireland parish registers, mainly, but not exclusively, from the city and county of Dublin. This work was taken over, in 1920, by the Association for the Preservation of the Memorials of the Dead which published extracts from parish registers in its Journal until 1934.
In 1994 the Representative Church Body Library, which is the Church of Ireland’s principal repository for its archives and manuscripts, began a new programme of publication. This register is the twelfth volume in this series.
The registers of St Fin Barre’s Cathedral, Cork, were destroyed in the fire in the Public Record Office of Ireland in 1922. Fortunately they had been transcribed by the noted Cork antiquary, Richard Caulfield, and it is his transcription which is now published for the first time.